Wednesday, June 20, 2018

All in a day's work

I stepped out of my door and found this beautiful array of colors! If I understood correctly, a micro-grant meeting. 




Preparing to cart dinner from the Little Flower kitchen to the Leprosy Clinic down the road. The big pot has chappati (like flour tortillas) wrapped in a towel.



A poor cow died yesterday and was buried underneath my window. Did I mention that my room is next to the cow pen, one floor up? Yes, every morning at exactly 4:45 I awake to the sound of milk being sprayed into tin buckets.

Then I looked out my window today when I heard commotion and saw yet another poor little Bessie being dragged off to burial. Two in two days.


2 comments:

  1. Any idea about why the cows die? That is a loss to the community. Do they get enough to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly my question also. Old age? What do the cows eat? Is there any pasture land?

    ReplyDelete