Monday, June 25, 2018

Wedding! Part 1

There is a wedding today at Little Flower. This is a long procedure! Festivities have been going on for several days. I went over with my camera when I heard what sounded like African tribal drums. It was beautiful, and I found that the sounds were being produced by three musicians.

As I arrived, a big meal was ending, and the groom and his mother were just emerging from the home.





To the sound of the drums, a procession soon formed. As we walked along, neighbors joined in, and the group became larger and larger. 





The procession consisted of women and girls and and small children. 





We were soon leaving the village behind. Where were we going? No one spoke English, and I didn't know what was happening. 

The crowd became a single file line as we walked into the beautiful countryside, past what looked like rice paddies not cultivated right now. 

I was in awe of all the bright colors and designs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment