It's hard to get pictures of me because no one knows how to use the camera, and I am a little nervous about lending it out since it is not replaceable here. I did hand it to a reluctant teenage girl and showed her how to use it. I tried to explain the concept of pushing down halfway to focus, but the words got stuck on our language barrier.
We ended up with ten very blurry pictures plus this!
The children are not used to foreigners and treat me very formally, standing in my presence as they do with teachers. During their study time, a few bold ones ventured forward to ask if they could read to me. They want to read English but don't have anyone to help them.
This girl can read but just doesn't know how to pronounce the words.
The girls' dinner: roti and curry sauce with potatoes. I'm a little worried that this is what they eat every day for two of their meals (with the addition of rice at lunch).
No comments:
Post a Comment