Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Church at Little Flower

I was wondering what the children do all day on Sunday, since there's no school. 

From 8-9, everyone goes to Catholic mass. There's a tiny church, just a little hall, in the main building (where the school is too, and the kitchen, and where I have a room). 



The Father (who also runs a school in nearby Raxaul) comes out to Little Flower on Sundays. Here he is with one of the two altar boys.



I accidentally sat down on the men's side of the hall. Notice that all the children from the hostels are here, boys sitting on the rugs on the left side, girls on the right.

The boys' housemother told me that none of them are Christian; they're all either Hindu or Muslim. But I think it's great they are getting an ecumenical education and hearing some moral instruction (which they're not obtaining elsewhere at present).



No comments:

Post a Comment