Looking down from my room, I saw the village boys playing with a hen and her chicks. They place the hen under a plastic netting during the night, where she lays her eggs.
Wow, that makes chicken-keeping look so simple. I should try the plastic netting trick. Only ours do not lay eggs on cue (or during the night), but rather at random times. Are there no predators? (India's version of raccoons, foxes, coyotes etc.) What about snakes? Wouldn't they eat the chicken, chicks, and eggs? I recognize some of the boys from other photos. The only children left are the village kids? Everyone else has gone home till July-ish, correct? It must be quite quiet now around there now. We love to hear about everything!
Wow, that makes chicken-keeping look so simple. I should try the plastic netting trick. Only ours do not lay eggs on cue (or during the night), but rather at random times. Are there no predators? (India's version of raccoons, foxes, coyotes etc.) What about snakes? Wouldn't they eat the chicken, chicks, and eggs? I recognize some of the boys from other photos. The only children left are the village kids? Everyone else has gone home till July-ish, correct? It must be quite quiet now around there now. We love to hear about everything!
ReplyDelete