The school is only for students from leprosy colonies, which means they are the children or grandchildren of someone who's had leprosy.
The entrance to the school
The entrance to the school
Preschool
I'll need to find out more about this, but apparently many of the parents aren't enrolling the kids until they're older. So there are children in preschool and kindergarten who look like they are 8 or 10.
"First class"
"Second class"
"Third class"
I'm still learning about who paid for the new section of the school, but I think an Austrian charity constructed it. The 4th through 8th classes meet in the new classrooms. They are very basic, just concrete shells with openings in the walls. No electricity. The floors are dirt or dirt and brick.
And the floor, which they try hard to keep swept...
It makes me think... what heroes teachers are... all over the world.
ReplyDelete