Monday, May 28, 2018

Odds and ends

I love our school bell! The boys have fun whacking it. 



The "library." These are moldy books covered in cobwebs, locked in a storage room. My favorite is the German one that must have been donated by the Austrian charity that was here.

If I were staying longer, starting a practical library would be on my list.



Along with "General Ophthalmology," we've got another highly-usable book, Der Mann, der seine Frau mit einem Hut verwechselte (German edition of The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat).



This is how I awkwardly charge my computer: cord plugged into converter plugged into adapter. And so the whole contraption doesn't fall out of the socket, stuck in place with the tip of a mop handle, on top of my books in padded envelopes, on top of my box of bottled water.

If I don't remember to take out a bottle of water before charging, I'm in trouble!



1 comment:

  1. Love the set up. Need is mother of all invention. Glad you have electricity and internet. Goes to show books need sorting before being donated to distant lands/schools. Time for another Eagle Scout project :) Love hearing and seeing about your current stay.

    ReplyDelete