My pictures aren't uploading, so we'll do quotes instead.
"Ma'am, you will be here when I am in 10th standard?"
Balakumar, 6th standard
(Heartrending)
"Ma'am, when are you leaving? I know! In 2016, correct?"
Nagaraj, 7th standard
(A group of short-term volunteers was leaving, which makes kids a little insecure about when others may be taking off as well).
"Are the Japans bad boys, ma'am?"
Revathi, 4th standard
(4th standard had read about Amelia Earhart, and I showed them a short documentary on her life, from YouTube, which unfortunately confused everyone by offering the alternate theory that she was actually alive but had been captured by the Japanese).
"But I thought your initials were C.M.! Celina Ma'am!"
Nishanti, 4th standard
"Ma'am, take out your eyes!"
Everyone
(The kids find contact lenses the most fascinating things in the world. They think you are removing part of your eyeball).
"My dad drink alcohol and my dad beat my mom."
M. Vishva, 4th standard, followed by Moorty and Revathi making the same claim
(We were having a class discussion about alcoholism, but I wasn't expecting testimonials).
"Ma'am, have you been to Antarctica?'
S. Vishva, third standard
(I was explaining that I was going to Europe for Christmas and pointing to the map. To them, traveling to one is as likely as traveling to the other.)
"Ma'am, have you been to the moon?"
Subasri, fourth standard
(going to America=going to the moon)
"Ma'am, you will be here when I am in 10th standard?"
Balakumar, 6th standard
(Heartrending)
"Ma'am, when are you leaving? I know! In 2016, correct?"
Nagaraj, 7th standard
(A group of short-term volunteers was leaving, which makes kids a little insecure about when others may be taking off as well).
"Are the Japans bad boys, ma'am?"
Revathi, 4th standard
(4th standard had read about Amelia Earhart, and I showed them a short documentary on her life, from YouTube, which unfortunately confused everyone by offering the alternate theory that she was actually alive but had been captured by the Japanese).
"But I thought your initials were C.M.! Celina Ma'am!"
Nishanti, 4th standard
"Ma'am, take out your eyes!"
Everyone
(The kids find contact lenses the most fascinating things in the world. They think you are removing part of your eyeball).
"My dad drink alcohol and my dad beat my mom."
M. Vishva, 4th standard, followed by Moorty and Revathi making the same claim
(We were having a class discussion about alcoholism, but I wasn't expecting testimonials).
"Ma'am, have you been to Antarctica?'
S. Vishva, third standard
(I was explaining that I was going to Europe for Christmas and pointing to the map. To them, traveling to one is as likely as traveling to the other.)
"Ma'am, have you been to the moon?"
Subasri, fourth standard
(going to America=going to the moon)
They think you have been everywhere because you have had such amazing life experiences.
ReplyDeleteLOVE these quotes. A picture may paint a thousand words, but sometimes a few words paint a person's whole world.
ReplyDelete