Monday, July 2, 2018

Hurrah for improved beds!

I feel like I've spent most of my time here cataloging problems. And so it's been very gratifying to now start to see solutions! I sent pictures of the girls' dangerously-slanting bunk beds back to my charity, and they sent funds in return. It's been really fun to spend it on hostel and school improvements. 

And also complicated and a lot of work! It takes five trips to the wood sellers and several reminders and coordination attempts with the guys providing the transport before you get this:





The Little Flower carpenter and his two assistants nail and glue plywood around four sides of the beds. Next they place triangles in all the corners. Then the replace the stinky poor-quality bases of the beds with a thin slab of new wood.


3 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine! It can be a challenge h e r e to get things done, and we can communicate, use the phone, and have access to cars and trucks. You are a w e s o m e !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that the all these tradespeople are getting more work and income, as well. It's good all around! Hurray for Rising Star charity.

    ReplyDelete