Now that "autumn" has made its appearance, the temperature has dropped to a chilly 80 or so degrees. It makes me laugh that some of the kids have started to wear sweaters (but maybe the laugh's on me, because I've donned one myself when it's rained). In any event: this is my kind of climate.
Sometimes I fantasize about staying forever. What's another 50-odd years? They can bury me under the playground. I imagine never ever again having to contend with frozen toes, numb fingers, driving in snow, the dread of fall and wild anticipation of spring.
After all this time, this place still often feels too good to be true.
Sometimes I fantasize about staying forever. What's another 50-odd years? They can bury me under the playground. I imagine never ever again having to contend with frozen toes, numb fingers, driving in snow, the dread of fall and wild anticipation of spring.
After all this time, this place still often feels too good to be true.
Why not? I would love to live in a warm climate, albeit with fewer rats.
ReplyDelete