For his eagle scout project, Max brought us books and funds several weeks ago. I unfortunately don't have pictures of the Pippi Longstocking books, one for each child, he delivered to fifth standard. We are almost halfway through and the kids love them.
Neither do I have pictures of the Tamil books and Tamil-English bilingual books we purchased with the funds he donated. But they're a huge hit.
I do have pictures of the moment when he brought fourth standard their eagerly awaited tomes. We had already finished an earlier book in the series, Little House in the Big Woods. The kids were insistent on continuing on to the next one. We had only had two copies of the previous book, one for me and the other for them to fight over.
Ergo, we were all greatly delighted to receive books for each child to follow along. Hardbound and with colored pictures, no less.
Moorthy and Revathi
Kanmani
Sagayamery
M. Vishva
I've created a monster. I hoped the kids would learn to love books, but could never have foreseen this level of excitement. They are crazy about this series. They were jumping up and down and clapping their hands to see the new books.
That evening at bedtime, I happened to find myself over at the girls' hostel. Sagayamery, almost asleep, gazes up at me drowsily from the concrete floor. "Ma'am," she whispers, "tomorrow we're on page six."
I loved how that was her last thought for the night.
Neither do I have pictures of the Tamil books and Tamil-English bilingual books we purchased with the funds he donated. But they're a huge hit.
I do have pictures of the moment when he brought fourth standard their eagerly awaited tomes. We had already finished an earlier book in the series, Little House in the Big Woods. The kids were insistent on continuing on to the next one. We had only had two copies of the previous book, one for me and the other for them to fight over.
Ergo, we were all greatly delighted to receive books for each child to follow along. Hardbound and with colored pictures, no less.
Moorthy and Revathi
Kanmani
Sagayamery
M. Vishva
I've created a monster. I hoped the kids would learn to love books, but could never have foreseen this level of excitement. They are crazy about this series. They were jumping up and down and clapping their hands to see the new books.
That evening at bedtime, I happened to find myself over at the girls' hostel. Sagayamery, almost asleep, gazes up at me drowsily from the concrete floor. "Ma'am," she whispers, "tomorrow we're on page six."
I loved how that was her last thought for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment