Sunday, June 10, 2012

On y va







Here's one way to take a nap! More times than I can count, I have seen limp sleeping babies precariously (to my Western eyes, anyway) extended lazily across the handlebars of a motorcyle. Yes, a moving motorcycle. Or draped over their mother's arm, sleepy head bobbing a few feet from the whirling concrete below. Still, it makes my heart skip a beat.

And yet I love the immediacy of life on the road, unencumbered by doors and glass. In India, it's always a communal enterprise, not an exhibition, not to see and to be seen, but just to live. This is how we get around.

2 comments:

  1. thank you for getting the shot of the guy with the pink helmet. You have some great shots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I did not even see the child draped across the front! You and your camera are doing a fabulous job. Looks like you are having fun with it too.

    ReplyDelete