Still waiting for the visa! In the absence of any new Indian pictures, allow me post a few favorites from 2010, taken before my tumble down the elephant hole.
I regret that this situation has kept me from visiting dear friends in North Carolina. It always seems as though I will be flying to India at a day's notice.
The beautiful house-sitting arrangement.
Chapel Hill Philharmonic Orchestra, warming up for Spring concert.
This post didn't seem complete without a little tribute to my Durham running companions. Around twenty of us met for years every Saturday morning in Umstead state park. Caroline (on the left) organized the route and was an entertaining interlocutor, hour after grueling hour. I knew there was a picture out there somewhere, and am so glad that a long internet search actually turned this one up! On Saturday mornings I still become wistful when I think about missing these runs.
I regret that this situation has kept me from visiting dear friends in North Carolina. It always seems as though I will be flying to India at a day's notice.
The beautiful house-sitting arrangement.
An enraptured day thanks to the unbelievably kind and sensitive friends who saw me through The Abyss. Can you tell who got to blow out the candles?
Not merely a cake: a labor of love from a thoughtful person who has deeply impacted my life.
Bidding farewell to Justin.
Chapel Hill Philharmonic Orchestra, warming up for Spring concert.
This post didn't seem complete without a little tribute to my Durham running companions. Around twenty of us met for years every Saturday morning in Umstead state park. Caroline (on the left) organized the route and was an entertaining interlocutor, hour after grueling hour. I knew there was a picture out there somewhere, and am so glad that a long internet search actually turned this one up! On Saturday mornings I still become wistful when I think about missing these runs.


Great photo and you look happy running. I too often miss NC and the hikes through Duke Forest with dear Cedar.(Cedar ran, I mostly walked, mais pas tout doucement quand meme.)
ReplyDelete