
The leprosy colony I grew up in is called Kalvarinagar. In my family my father, grandmother and grandfather are affected by leprosy. In the colony the education is not good but at my new school I am getting good grades and learning English.
I love Life Dance and my dance master, Shaun Parry. Life Dance is a dance program for the thirteen best dancers in my school, and I am one of them. I have never missed the practice because it is not only about dance. It is also telling about our life and how to be a good leader and how to focus. If I am sad then when I dance I feel very happy. I never give up even when the work is very hard. I keep practicing until I do well. My Life Dance troupe performed at the Marriott Courtyard hotel in Chennai, India with David Archuleta. We did a dance about the leprosy people. When I think of them I feel very sad. I feel the pain that they have.
When I return to India I will remember what I learned in America and teach it to others. I will start to spread what I learned and I am going to help the leprosy patients by showing tenderness and giving medicines and money to them. I also want to dance together with the leprosy affected because then they will feel happy. This will be good for their health and give them energy.
My father has leprosy and he is missing his fingers. So it is difficult for him to eat. I help him by holding the spoon to his mouth. When I do this I feel happy because I am showing my love for him. I also wash my parents’ clothes because they have a lot of work in our hut. Sometimes I go to the shops and buy the rice and milk for them. If anyone gives me money, I save it for my parents. I do all of this to be a peacemaker. I want to learn more about peace and how I can help others to be peaceful.
Very interesting and touching. What an amazing boy. Are you starting a new feature, highlighting individual children? Is he really going to America?
ReplyDelete