Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mariambee and Anita!


Today Mariambee is turning nine. Here she is with her brother, Basha. I know that I'm not supposed to have favorites, but that's really not possible! I felt an immediate connection with these endearing personalities. They come from a begging background, and Basha has psychological damage and learning disabilities. But he's also bright and inquisitive. We read together every day after school, and I always look forward to it. Mariambee is as sharp as a whip.

It's also my friend Anita's birthday. She was at Rising Star last year on February 10th. Here's the picture which I pilfered from her 2010 blog entry:


This all has a lot of meaning for me in retrospect, because it was pictures like this that inspired me to come to India. Thank you and many happy returns!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to all -- including you, Celina. (Your birthday is coming up soon, right?)

    Becky sent me the link to your blog, for which I am eternally grateful: I've been thinking about you quite a bit since you left, and wondering how on earth you were doing. I hope all is going well for you.

    ReplyDelete