A few weeks ago, Rising Starsters were graced by a visit from Grizzly Adams himself, aka my brother Adam. Because I hadn't sat down since arriving in June and was both enervated and narcoleptic, and because I was surrounded at any given time by twenty-three demanding children, I quite forgot to take any pictures.
Never mind, the image below is exactly what Adam looked like, well practically speaking. Just imagine that the beard is five inches longer.
Adam had blown in directly from the Himalayas in Nepal. On his first night here, he kept us all in stitches for hours with his captivating tales of freezing moonscape hikes, Yak pizza, and being stranded in dismal Kathmandu.
Unfortunately, he only stayed a week. But he used his time deftly and was able to fit in two visits to leprosy colonies, help us assemble moral science lessons, assist at school, and cook for me (hurray!).

No comments:
Post a Comment