Monday, November 8, 2010

Old Delhi

I tagged along with two other volunteers on a quick weekend trip to Delhi.

It actually began here (see picture below), where I spent the night before the trip. Yes, Virginia, there is a swimming pool in India! Although I was slightly weirded out by the drastic, to say the least, socioeconomic contrast with my usual surroundings. A friend of a friend's house in Chennai; they weren't there so it was just me, the guards, and the maids. 


My travel companions in the autorickshaw:

Not my travel companions:





Scenes from the Spice Market:


I wonder how his mother sends him off to school in the morning. "Good-bye, son, and remember not to fall off the bus!"??



And finally, the one and only, breathtaking, awe-inspiring, knock-your-socks-off Taj Mahal.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Celina. Your posts leave me speechless! What an experience you are having! Thanks for giving us a little glimpse into another world.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete